lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Beth Ditto - 'I Wrote The Book' Music video


El nuevo Beth Ditto EP sale el 8 de marzo y tiene ya video estreno de 'I Wrote The Book'.

El 17 de febrero se estrenó el nuevo video filmado en Londres, en el Hotel Grosvenor, en blanco y negro,  Beth dice que sacó inspiraciones de Madge de los videos "Vogue", "Erotica" y "Justify my love", el cual es hermosamente una combinación muy prolija.  


Esto por supuesto es un proyecto de colaboración que ha estado trabajando con Simian Mobile Disco y hasta ahora todas las señales apuntan a un proyecto excelente.



"Trabajar con Beth Sinceramente, no podía haber sido más divertido. Básicamente, comenzó a donde lo dejamos con 'crueles intenciones' y fue más profundo en territorio discoteca psicodélica. Hemos intentado que sea muy cruda y simple, al mismo tiempo que se centra en brillantes melodías de Beth." SMD

El video fue dirigido por Price James, quien anteriormente trabajó con tanto chisme y SMD.

Music video




“I Wrote The Book”
Beth Ditto

I put you up, I treat you well
Tell you secrets I never tell
We pretend, it’s all ok
But there’s one thing we never say.

The world is full of good intentions
Paradise is hard to find.
Say they love you but they don’t mention
Who they were with again last night.

Revenge, regret,
I wrote the book
Forgive, forget,
I wrote the book
Keeping secrets,
I wrote the book
Only don’t test me

Heartbreak and then some,
tell me where is a friend when you need one?
Before you take a second look,
remember I know every trick in the book.

It never stops around the clock
When I’m there, you speak so soft
The runaround will wear you out
You break it off, I’ll break you down.

The world is full of good intentions
Paradise is full of lies
Tell you they love you but fail to mention
Who they were with again last night.

Cheating, sneaking,
I wrote the book
Begging, pleading,
I wrote the book
Lying, crying,
I wrote the book
Only don’t test me.

Heartbreak and there’s some,
tell me where is a friend when you need one?
Before you take a second look,
remember I know every trick in the book.

Heartbreak and there’s some,
tell me where is a friend when you need one?
Before you take a second look,
remember I know every trick in the book

I wrote the book, I wrote the book,
I wrote the book only protest me
I wrote the book only protest me now
I wrote the book only.



Más info:

http://www.speakerboxxx.com/2011/02/video-beth-ditto-i-wrote-the-book/
http://www.omgblog.com/2011/02/omg_watch_beth_dittos_i_wrote.php
http://www.hardcandymusic.com/2011/02/beth-ditto-i-wrote-the-book-video-premiere.html
http://larealnuevaescuela.blogspot.com/2011/02/video-estreno-beth-ditto-i-wrote-book.html

No hay comentarios: